8.10.2011

The vitriol of the right still has the ability to stun me


Wow. Sometimes I truly can't believe my ears.  I have watched and listened to a lot of political commentary over the years, and I have watched and listened to a lot of Fox News, so I've heard a lot of awful, stupid, and crazy things said.  If you're looking for a conspiracy theory, just flip to 1210 on Uverse.

Considering all of this, and the fact that I used to read Ann Coulter regularly, just because, it's hard to believe that I can still be stunned by anything I hear.  And yet...

I was listening to the Hannity Show earlier--because I'm an idiot, obviously, and an actual guest of the show referred to the rioters in England as "stupid, stupid people" who can't even explain why they're rioting. He said that whatever the reason, it's probably their own fault in the first place

I know... not shocking.  Just another wingnut doing what wingnuts do.

Then he continued.  I desperately wish I could have recorded this so I transcribe it verbatim, but my summary will have to do.  Apparently, he was some of (presumably self-proclaimed) education expert, who was asserting that the Western education system, "the most lavish in the world," is turning out these idiot rioters who can't even speak.  He then continued by pointing out the incredible liberal agenda school teachers have, and blamed them for (remember, you can't make this stuff up, and I wish I remembered more of them):

  1. Europe's economic collapse
  2. The S&P downgrade
  3. Unemployment
  4. A nuclear Iran
  5. Obama's election
He expanded on the fifth point, saying that Obama's election was incredibly unlikely, and in most eras would never have happened; he didn't stop to explain precisely what he meant, but I think we all understand, and I'm guessing that most of the listeners got his point.  He said that without the liberal agenda of the Western education establishment.

Look at the "argument" he laid out:
  1. The rioters are stupid
  2. It's the fault of the education system
  3. You know what else is the fault of the education system?  The three worst things to ever happen to anyone anywhere:  bad economics, Iran getting a nuke (?), and a black guy getting elected President
  4. Again, in case you forgot, that was the education system's fault.
I don't even know what to say about this.  Is there anything to say about this?  It's just getting more and more insane, and the crazies are now getting real national exposure--it's becoming a more and more dangerous world out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment